Sunday, March 6, 2011

I couldn't resist!

We just got home from doing a dry run for my interview on Tuesday.  It's in Asheville, in the proximity of the Biltmore Estate, a 45 minute drive.  The interview is for a receptionist in a mental health facility.  Kinda afraid of getting there and having the cast of "Intervention" and my family there to greet me.  They're coming to take me away.  Ho ho. Hee hee.  Ha ha.

I haven't had my nails (acrylics) for a number of months.  Was very hard to keep them nice while cashiering.  I am very self conscience about my fingers without my nails.  Two words sum them up nicely - Jimmy Dean.  On the other hand (pun totally intended), my real nails are now actually doing nicely.   Regardless, I would like my old real hands back - with the fake nails.  Especially while I'm interviewing. 

On our outing today, I announced to Robin that I have two Harris Teeter checks to pick up on Tuesday.  Out of the clear blue sky she said, "You're not getting your nails done."

What the.....?????

That's exactly what I was going to tell her!  That my interview is Tuesday night and that I was thinking about getting my nails done Tuesday during the day.  My interview would go a lot more smoothly if I had my fake nails.  More confidence. How on earth could she possibly know that that's where I was headed?   All I said was that I'll have two HT checks on Tuesday.  Kept asking her how'd she know that?  Kept getting the "I know you" response.

Got home and I went to the bottom of the driveway to get the mail and recyclable bins.  Couldn't do it yesterday because it poured all day.  Been doing the treadmill (3 for 3) and have shin splints.  Walking down the driveway - OUCH!  Walking up was actually better.

Robin stood there and watched me go down and back up the driveway.   She's paranoid that I'm gonna fall and break my leg in two places.  Uh?  No, that's you, remember?

Once at the top of the driveway, I leafed through the mail and Robin went inside.  Junk, junk, bill, bill.  Then I saw it!   The thick letter from AARP with big red letters on the envelope, "Your AARP card is inside!"

Got inside and told Robin she'd gotten a card in the mail. 

"Who's it from?"

"Dunno."

"Like a belated birthday card or a credit card?"

"Dunno."

"Well give it to me."

"Here you go, Sweetness."

She slammed it down and is now pouting watching reruns on Bravo.

Aww.

Anywho...Time for me to go make that nail appointment.  Pink or red?  Pink or red?  Guess it'll depend on what I plan on wearing.  Pink it is!!

No comments: