Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Disappointing Day.



I woke up to the following email:

Kim.

It was a pleasure meeting you.  Thank you for your interest in the Firm.
After a long deliberation we have decided to go with someone else for the
position.  With your experience I am certain you will find work very soon.
You interview well and your resume speaks to your accomplishments.  I wish
you luck and thanks again for your time.

Regards,

Jeff

------------------------------------------

Great. Although I have continually applied for other jobs while waiting to hear back from that one, I felt pretty good about being hired there.  On the other hand, look at the period after Kim.  Should be a comma or a colon.  The guy's clearly an idiot. 

(S.O.U.R.  G.R.A.P.E.S. ?????)

Back to Square One.

Then I decided to make a recipe from a restaurant we went to a couple years ago. Can't recall the name of the restaurant, but we ordered "Beach Bread". This is not "Bubble Beead". Do not confuse the two. They're equally delicious. Actually, that's not true. "Bubble Bread" wins. "Bubble Bread" is very cheesy and "Beach Bread" is more like a bruschetta.  So I just made a low fat version of "Beach Bread". It sucked. Sure I used no calorie squirt butter instead of butter butter. And I used "Laughing Cow Cheese" instead of crumbled blue cheese. It tasted like tomatoes on bread. Another disappointment.

I've applied for about a dozen jobs today. Same with Robin. Feel the need to do something constructive, but I don't know what. Have super bad cramps and a lousy attitude. Period was only a week late this month. TMI, I know, but I don't care. Lousy attitude, remember? Robin keeps leaving "menopause" stickies around the house. Guess she forgot she's the one who's 50.

Hate this feeling of not knowing what to do with myself.  I should hit the treadmill.  Or maybe walk on it.  But right now I'm thinking nap.  It's cold, dark and rainy.  Kinda like the way I'm feeling.

1 comment:

Melissa Casey said...

CHEER UP Kim! I am searching for a new job while applying every day. I applied @ Aetna and I received an email this morning that they decided to NOT fill the position I had applied for! What an esteem buster!

I know what you are going through, really.

Hang tough.....sometime will break through for you and Robin.