Sunday, January 2, 2011

The holidays are officially over. The heathens killed Santa.

We went to Walmart this morning so Robin could compare the drivable carts with those at HT's.  (Walmart's are faster.)  Came home to find a slaughtered Santa.

I took this picture with my small Sony camera that I haven't been able to use lately because I couldn't find my battery charger.  Found it the other day when looking for something else.

When I downloaded this picture, I had to download it with all my other pictures that were on the memory card.  Practically a year's worth.  It is like a movie of my life from the past year.  Pretty cool.  Pictures of Robin, Ingrid, Deb and me on South Beach.  Pictures of my mom, Iris, Robin and me at Mamma Mia.  Pictures of Steph and her boys at our Easter egg hunt.  Pictures of Juno Beach Pier (no pictures of fish that we caught - huh.)  And tons of pictures of allllll the houses we looked at when we first came to NC.  Then the rest are pictures of this house when we first moved in.  Kinda interesting -- to me.  Oh, and I took a bunch of pictures of my hair when I dyed it brown.  Not good.

It got me thinking about all the changes that we went through in 2010.  A lot.  Makes me wonder what the upcoming year's movie will look like. 

Iris and Joe came over last night.  Had a service pick them up from the airport and drop them off here.  They are using Robin's car because Joe always takes the battery out of his car for the winter.  Why he can't put it back in for the two weeks they're gonna be here, I have no idea.  Probably the same reason they're not gonna have TV for the two weeks they're here.  Iris is going to be bored to death.  She's already called here six times today.  We ordered Chinese food (which I hate) and they ohhhed and ahhhed over the Christmas decorations.  Then it took Joe 15 minutes to get the car out of the garage.

Robin's doing better every day.  She wears stuff on her head a lot.  She'll grab whatever's handy.  Hats, bandanas, underwear.  The other day she was wearing MENS' Spider Man underwear on her head.  Our British friend came over.  I wasn't here, but she walked in said the following.  You have to say it with an English accent.

Lisa:  "Are those bloomers on your head.?"

Robin:  "Yes."

Lisa:  "Are they filthy?"

LOL ~~~  I don't know why, but that just cracks me up!  Reminds me of "Absolutely Fabulous".

Speaking of absolutely fabulous, today is my Friday and I'm working half a day (4-9), then I'm off for two days...yippee!!! 

No comments: