Monday, September 20, 2010

There is a Yiddish word for a crazy man.

It's meshugener.

Joe is a meshugener.

He came over by himself this morning and finished Lighting Fixture Number II.  Perfect!  Looks good.  And best of all, it's DONE.

The doorknob situation?  Not so good.  Do you see something funny in the above pictures?  Something not quite right?  Something missing perhaps?

Well there is something missing.  It's called a DOORKNOB.

He took the handle off the kitchen door, the one that the dogs kept pushing down and locking me out, and replaced it not with a knob, but another lock.

I said something to him about it.  His response?  "You don't need a knob."

I looked at Robin and couldn't read her.  Was I crazy?  Do we really not need a knob?  Am I so spoiled that all these years I just took doorknobs for granted...and that people really don't need doorknobs?.  In addition to my fake nails and tan and highlights, am I now going to have to live without a doorknob?  Hell, if I can give up all the other stuff, this should be easy.

To get in the house, you just push the door open.  Brady discovered that when I managed to sit in the sun for an hour today and he decided that that would be a good time for me to play fetch with him.  So he merrily opened the door with his nose, went inside and came out with his ball.  I went to shut the door, but there is really nothing to hold on to, so it was mostly ajar.  Once inside, you can lock it.  Two dead bolts, no doorknob.

We had to take something over to Iris later.  Thought this would be a good opportunity to tell on Joe.  For once, I wanted to hear Iris tell him that what he did was wrong.  So we told her that we have two dead bolts and no knob.  Guess what.   She took his side!!!!  Of all times for her to choose to stick up for him?!?

Am I being unreasonable?  For real?  Is this acceptable?  Will Iris change her mind when she sees this mess?

Stay tuned....

No comments: