Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Poor us...literally...poor us


We're poor, but we're happy!

This is where we'll be spending this afternoon. Robin is coming home at noon and we're gonna take a picnic to Dupont State Forest. It's about 80 degrees out with no humidity. Gonna go for a little hike!!

I've completed job applications for almost every place I can think of. Jobs and places I never dreamed I would apply for.

"Staples" (THAT was easy) is hiring. Went there yesterday for an application, only to be told to apply online. I noticed what they were wearing. Red shirts and black pants. And the shirts were tucked in. Oh hell no. Not only do I not like red and black together (sorry, Tiger), but I am not a shirt tucker inner. Then I thought about "WalMart". They wear tan pants and blue shirts. I could handle that. Applied for both jobs online this morning.

I assumed I'd get a job on Main Street here at a cute coffee shop or boutique. Nobody seems to be hiring. I've applied for some office jobs. Haven't heard a word. I don't even really want an office job. I certainly don't want cubicle work.

I know there is nothing really funny in this post. But I've been told by more than a couple people that the best blogs are the ones where the person writes something every day. Can't think of anything funny right now (other than me struggling between the attire at "Staples" v "WalMart").

Brady is on the floor next to me. He has horrific gas. That would be kinda funny if it wasn't so awful.

So I'm gonna throw together some tuna sandwiches and get ready for a FREE beautiful afternoon right up the road from here. And when we get home, my voicemail is going to be full of job offers.

No comments: