Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love days like this!

It's chilly, dark and rainy outside.  I have a huge pot of what started out to be chicken and dumplings on the stove.  It's turning out to be chicken and dumplings and vegetables.  I just found out that I have high blood pressure and am supposed to stay away from salt.  That's pretty hard for me.  I sampled the soup and it sucked.  Before I went to the doctor on Friday, I made seasoned potatoes on Thursday.  They were quite salty.  I totally cheated...cut the leftovers up in little pieces and threw them in the pot.   So now it's gonna be chicken and dumplings and celery and onions and carrots and mushrooms and salty potatoes.

Woke up to an email from an Asheville law firm.   I have an interview Wednesday at 10:30.  I have a couple other leads, so things may be headed in the right directions.  Finally. 

Robin is at the point where she realizes that she is way too smart to be working where she's working.  Not sure what she'll end up doing, but she refuses to step foot in a law firm.  I also wasn't thrilled with the idea of working in a law firm.  Wanted a totally new career.  In what, I don't know.  We shall see.  But for now we are going to enjoy this deliciously (love that word when not describing food...actually I love it when describing food too) lazy perfect Sunday.  Nowhere we have to be and nothing we have to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Enjoy days off while you can. :)