Sunday, February 28, 2010

I will not get discouraged. I will not get discouraged. I will not get discouraged.


I'm discouraged.

Who's friggen idea was it to do this C25K?

What was I THINKING?

I can quit if I want. Who cares?

Here's the thing. It's a nine week program. A person is "supposed" to go from being a couch potato to running a 5K in nine weeks. I completed Weeks 1,2 and 3 with no problem. It wasn't a breeze, but I did exactly what was expected of me.

I am about to repeat Week 4 for the second time. REPEATING for the second time. That means this is the third week of Week 4. And you know what? I will be here next week STILL talking about repeating Week 4. I can see myself not moving to Week 5 for another month.

I went to the C25K site today and found a message board. Between this blog, my Facebook and my online WW friends, I have no desire to join another message board.

I did, however, lurk.

I read lots of posts about people having trouble with Weeks 1, 2 and 3. I didn't. Tons of people get stuck on Week 4 and 5. (Great. 5 too?)

After reading the posts, one thing became crystal clear. This is a personal challenge. I am not competing with anyone. I am just doing the best I can in a running program. The fact that I am almost 45, overweight and have never been an athlete (big diff tween and athlete and an exerciser), I should be proud of myself for sticking to this and making weekly improvement.

Just as soon as I stop procrastinating, check my Facebook and chat with my WW peeps, I'm gonna hop on that beast and give it my all.

W4/D7/x3...here I come.

No comments: