Monday, February 22, 2010

FUN Birthday Weekend






We never did make it to "Shutter Island", but the weekend was great! Stopped at Twinkles (cute store) on the way to Lincoln Road. I had ordered the gift for Robin and she loved it. It's a rolling brief case thing - pink and green polka dots. It's what every serious attorney should show up in court with.

Had lunch at Nexxt Cafe. Should have taken a picture of the food. Huge portions and nicely presented. Then we walked around a I took a few pictures of the weirdos.

Came home and surprised Robin with more birthday surprises. When we went to my mom's over Christmas, we went shopping and there has been a bag of clothes that Robin had gotten that she totally forgot about. They've been in the guest room since Christmas, so I tossed them in a gift bag and gave them to her for her birthday. After looking at the third piece of clothing, she was like, "Hey! Wait a minute! I bought this". Oh well. My jig was up.

Saturday we got up at around 4:30 and cleaned the house, went to the grocery store, made food and then Steph and her kids arrived. The adorable neighbors came over with their little boy and we had a great day! The three little boys were so cute. Mikey, Steph's four year old, made us sing "Happy Birthday" to him a bunch of times. It's not his birthday. He looks like a little angel, but the kid is a thief. I watched him ransack my piggy banks and then put the money in my gumball machine. He also has a tape fetish and I am still finding pieces of scotch tape around the house. Later Steph (a professional photographer) insisted on taking pictures. At first I was a little camera shy, but after 30 seconds, I was in to it. So much fun! Next time I see Steph, I'll do something with my hair!

Yesterday we read, sat in the sun, watched a movie, took a nap and totally chilled out. The most ambitious thing I did was toss some spinach on a frozen pizza.

Next weekend we're going camping. In the backyard.

No comments: