Thursday, August 5, 2010

Breathing out!
















July was probably the busiest month of my life. We found a fabulous house in NC, went back to Miami, packed, had a garage sale, packed some more, and moved up here. Have been here for a week and a day. We're still unpacking, but things are looking good. The "guestroom" has always been and continues to be my nemesis. My clothes are in large garbage bags just thrown in the room. I have put away several bagfuls (see next paragraph), but you would never know it. Many people have threatened, I mean said, they're going to visit. Until I feel the stress, I mean excitement, of an impending visitor, I suppose the guestroom will remain as is.

This house is awesome! I am currently in my favorite room, the finished basement. I am not used to so much room! There is a room between the basement and the garage that is perfect for all my holiday decorations and luggage. I have also declared it a place to store my between sizes clothes, of which there are plenty (see above paragraph). I have filled two huge purple bins with clothes that don't (right now~ but will soon) fit me.

We have three bedrooms. A normal couple would use the third bedroom as an office. Not us. It's a dog room. I love it! I have all kinds of dog chotchkies and pictures. (And dogs too.) We put their crates in there and they love it too! They're all doing super well. They love to run up and down the stairs. Idiots.

Another favorite area is a closet off the kitchen that is perfect for storing all kinds of kitchen things that aren't used every day...quesadilla maker, weffle maker, panini maker. You get the drift.

We've had fun this week getting settled in. Have had Iris and Joe over for dinner twice. Tomorrow night we are going over to their house for Shabbos dinner and then to "temple". That'll be a first for me.

Today we went to nearby Lake Lure and sat on the beach. No shells, but the mountain view is gorgeous.

Oh and somewhere along the line Robin went from 49 to 79. She is making jellies and cutting out newspaper articles. She literally taped an upcoming iris sale at a church article to the refrigerator.

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

I've been wanting to learn how to make jam! The house is great :).

Jenny