Friday, August 6, 2010

Goooooing to the Temple and I'm Not Gonna Wear a Beanie


(That was supposed to be sung to the "Going to the Chapel and I'm Gonna Get Married" song.)


This is our second Friday night in NC. I think that means that last Friday night was the last Friday night that will be our own, until the Friday before Thanksgiving. Iris and Joe always go back to Florida right before Thanksgiving.


I should have appreciated last Friday night. Savored it. Lived in the moment.


Why? Because tonight ... tonight we go to temple. Temple with Iris and Joe.


I am a little stressed as what to wear. All my clothes seem to be pink, white, or pink and white. That somehow doesn't seem temple-esque. I picked up a pair of black pants at a thrift store today ($1.00). They don't fit. Oy.


Robin is of no help. "Wear whatever you want". Gee thanks.


And another thing. Temple starts at 7:00. Iris and Joe want us to eat Shabbos dinner with them first. That's fine, but they want us there at 4:30. FOUR THIRTY!


I asked Robin what it's like. She said it's like church without all the standing up and sitting down.


I hope there isn't any of that "introduce yourself to a stranger" stuff. And I don't want to kiss or hug anyone either. I hate that crap. I am not an affectionate person by nature and playing touchy feely smoochy woochy games with strangers is not my idea of how to spend a Friday night. Not any more, anyway.

1 comment:

Jenny G said...

Yes, Temple is mostly standing...no sitting. At least ours was.