Sunday, August 22, 2010

Livin Lahhhge as Mountain Folk


This morning we got up and out of the house at around 9:00. "Let's do something. Let's go on an adventure!", she said.

I was thinking breakfast on Main Street, or maybe a few hours in Asheville. Maybe go to Brevard, another super cool town nearby. Then there's Pisgah, a gorgeous national forest that we keep saying we must visit and take our "good" cameras.

We wound up at "Smiley's", North Carolina's self declared largest and finest flea market with over 1000 selling spaces available.

She got a new tongue ring, which, by the way, I'm pretty sure she put in without sanitizing. I scored some socks for $2. I'm pretty excited about them too. The socks on the other end of the table were $3. I was about to purchase some, and the man told me to "Get out of the high rent section, and get on down to the other end of the table".

No comments: