Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ahhh...A morning of self promotion...



But if I don't do it, ain't nobody gonna do it.

I got my muttstruttcarolina business cards, tee shirts and car magnets yesterday! Spent the evening making homemade doggy treats and this morning I stuffed the little bags with the treats and cards and headed out. Our plan was to go to a coffee shop called "Oasis". Just as we were about to leave, our friends called and invited us to meet them there. These gals don't know us too well and I think I embarassed Robin. I handed out bags to all the customers who looked like animal people. Oh, there's definitiely a look. I just walked up to a table and asked if they had pets. Simple. The owner of the coffee shop took a bunch of cards. She and her husband own an RV park and she is going to put the cards in the office. She thinks there's quite a need for dog walkers there. One of the coffee shop customers suggested I take her card in return. She said, "Here. Take one of my cards. Not that you need it. Necessarily." She was a shrink! Robin loved that one.

Then, I got super ballsy and started handing them out to people on the street. Someone suggested I go to the hair salon on the corner because they're big time dog people. Did just that and left a few bags on the counter for customers. One lady in the salon said she "Loved the bags. They are so adorable. You're a smart girl". I love her.

Before we came home, I went to a local fancy pet store (the one where the girl asked for my resume) and dropped off a few bags and several cards. Did the same thing with a few boutiques too.

Here's the irony...when we got home, the garbage was tipped over and strewn throughout, and the dry dog food container was on it's side, empty. I wonder what all the people who I met this morning would think if they saw my dogs and how they (mis)behave. They can never know.

Cleaned up the mess. Now all I have to do is sit here and wait for my phone to ring.

No comments: