Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I love BRAVO TV and Andy Cohen and hoodies.

And I would love to order this MAZEL hoodie.  But for three reasons, I shan't.

1)  Don't like black.

2)  Not exactly in a position to spend $44.95 on a sweat shirt right now.

3)  Based on past experience, even the XXL would be too snug.  Santa gave me a hoodie from the Animal Rescue Site, Triple X, I think, and it's too tight on Robin!!!!

This is what I don't get.  The people who watch BRAVO TV deserve to have a selection of clothing that includes shirts that would actually fit.  Think about it.  We're watching TV.  We're not out jogging.  We're not at the gym.  We're not out back picking fresh vegetables from our garden.  We're sitting in our living room, watching your shows.  Lots of them. 

I am seriously going to send Andy an email regarding this urgent situation.  May even suggest he offer hoodies in pink.   What?  Can't hurt to ask.  (I know, I know. He may offer me  a suggestion - go for a jog, hit the gym, eat more vegis.) 

What else can I complain about? 

Oh yeah.  My mother.

She has always been a weather fanatic.  If there's something brewing off the coast of Africa, she's shouting out orders to bring in her precious talavera.   If there's something going on in the gulf, she's tracking it to see where they will evacuate.  Her pantry, honestly, could feed a small village for a week.  (I'll take a picture.)  In her defense, she does have 47 people living there at any given moment.   Florida is currently having a tropical storm, Debby.  We're headed for North FL in a couple of days.  From what I can gather here in North Cackalacky, the storm is headed straight for North FL in a couple of days.   Spoke to her this morning and asked about the storm.  She didn't know anything about it.  Too busy watching friggen Mickey Mouse with the twins.  She had no idea there was a storm out there, let alone that it was headed straight toward them.  She assured me that she'll "try" to catch "Weather on the Ones" (whatever the hell that is) and get back to me.  Gee, thanks.

Once we do get to FL, I need to work (with the limited time I have) with one of the twins.  One of them has said his first word, "hi".  Need to work with the other one.  I taught Jason his first word.  And nobody's ever forgotten it.  "Shit".  What can I say other than I was a wise ass 16 year old and thought it'd be funny.  And it was.  He was one of the cutest babies ever, and to hear that word come out of his little mouth was just...precious.  It was more like "thit", but we all knew what he meant.  Then he'd laugh and laugh.   Ahh the memories.

This is cool!  When Jason turned one, I was working my first job and bought him a pair of denim Calvin Klein overalls.  My mom and Nelson were so touched that they took him to have a professional picture taken of him wearing them.  Well, I will be meeting the twins for the for time and can't just show up empty handed.  Yesterday I found CK onesies - five in a pack.  Got two packs and every one is different!

So I think it's only fitting that I teach Silas his first word.  

No comments: