Thursday, June 21, 2012

A rose by any other name is still something...

Water is water. Well, that's not exactly true. You cannot compare Lake Powhatan (Asheville) to the ocean. But when you're in a pool, relaxing on a float, who cares what type of pool you're in? I realize that I talk a lot about my $179 BIG LOTS pool, but some of you seem like you're on the fence as to whether or not to buy one. I say DO IT! Brady is mad he can't get in, but I'm not sure he realizes it's water. He whines because he wants to be close to me. He gets even by leaving a nice big steamy hot present as close to the pool as he can get just as I get settled on the float. Getting settled on a float is not easy OR pretty. He waits until I get all situated then does his business. Of course I have to get out and take care of it and I swear I think he's giggling. He's going to Gramma and Grampa's next week and will have week of pool play with cousin Buddha. Speaking of Buddha...some of you know that Robin is studying Buddhism. She took vows a few weeks ago and as a result, has given up smoking. She used to smoke three packs a day in Miami and now doesn't even think about them (much). She tried everything - patches, gum, hypnotism, accupuncture - and all it took was taking Buddhism vows to make her stop. Having a nice summer this year, even though today's officially the first day of summer. Once home from visiting the family, it's time to put my nose to the grindstone and find a job. Applied for something today that I am dying for. Not much going on. Have a new favorite thing, thanks to Frank. "Blue Diamond" salt and vinegar almonds...may have to take some vows of my own to get over these. Hope you all have a Very Happy Summer ~ make some memories!

No comments: