Monday, September 5, 2011

It's true ~ When God closes a door, he opens a window.

Remember the job that I wrote about on Thursday?  The one where I'd put all my eggs in one basket?  The one where I called the lady and she told me they were still interviewing, but I'd hear something early this week?  That very day I received a thanks but no thanks letter in the mail.  Guess she didn't have the gonads to tell me herself.

I was bummed out, but not to the point of crying or anything.  I really don't want to spend one and a half to two hours per day in my car if I can avoid it.  Still, those 23 days per year of paid time off - well, that's just kind of unheard of these days. 

This is obviously a holiday weekend and I was planning on just putting my worries behind me until tomorrow.  We had plans to go to the Apple Festival, a cook out on Saturday at a friend's house, friends over Sunday night, and the inevitable get together with Iris and Joe today.  We made it to the festival on Saturday and then something hit me lke a brick.  I instantly came down with flu like symptoms and have been under the weather ever since.  It's kinda OK though because it's a dark rainy day and if I have to be sick, this is perfect weather for it.  Robin now has it too. 

We actually went to the festival twice on Saturday.  It was the second go round, the one where we went back just to get a sausage dog, that I felt ill.  After we got home from the morning visit, we decided to go to Iris' pool.  Robin got a text from her boss asking if they could park in our driveway.  Parking is a challenge to say the least at these events.

We didn't know when they were gonna show up, but it didn't really matter.  They weren't coming to see us;  they were headed to the festival.  We got ready for the pool and were about to leave when Buddy decided he needed some sun.  Buddy takes after me.  He LOVES to lie out in the sun.  And once he gets comfortable, you can't budge him.  So as we were sweetly saying, "Come on, Buddy" and then not so sweetly saying, "Buddy, get in here right now", they showed up.  It was her boss, his wife and two kids in one car and his sister, her husband and daughter in another car.  Since we were about to head out, we offered them a ride to the festival.  Nine people in my car!  We looked like circus clowns when everyone got out!

They all live in Asheville.  We drove by a very popular restaurant and his sister said, "In all the years I've worked in Hendersonville, I've never eaten there."  I asked her where she works, she told me, and then said, "Why?  Do you know someone who's looking for a job?"

I told her my background and Robin said her face lit up!!!!  It was kinda surreal, really.  Surreally, if you will.

Anywho...best not to share the name just yet, but she said she'd hook me up.  Everyone has heard of this establishment and it will never ever go out of business. 

I know what you're thinking, because I feel it too.  "Poor Kim.  She gets her hopes up so high so quickly.  She's like the girl who thinks she finally met "the one" and he never calls her."

Part of me does feel like that, but a bigger part of me knows that something perfect is waiting for me right around the corner.  I have to keep a positive attitude.

We left the pool as they were leaving the festival so we picked them up.  She brought up the subject again and took my email address.  She said she'll be in touch this week and will personally walk my resume to the head of HR.

Get this.  She said that one of the best things is the benefits:  25 DAYS OF PTO PER YEAR PLUS SIX HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!

If it wasn't for Buddy needing his tanning fix and completely ignoring my demand to come inside, I would have missed meeting her.

So here I sit, praying that this is the one........please???????

No comments: