Friday, February 11, 2011

A whole bunch of randomness

The following will likely turn out to be a big snooze fest.

I've had bad neck and back pain for five days now.  Advil doesn't touch it.  The pain woke me up this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep.  Robin found some "ActivOn" in the medicine cabinet.  It actually feels better, but now I smell like an old man.  No offense to all the old men who read my blog.

To those who do not Facebook, I woke up to the song "Gloria" stuck in my head.  Googled the lyrics.  Love the line, "If everybody loves you, why isn't anybody calling?"  'Nuff said as to why it's stuck in my head.

Watched a little Dr. Oz today.  There's a thing called "forskolin" that I now must get.  Increases metabolism, helps menstrual cramps, reduces insomnia, and a bunch of other stuff. 

I had a very long overdue hair appointment today.  The girl, who is 20 years old and has very little hair experience and even less personality, did an amazing job!  Haven't been this happy with my hair color since living in Jacksonville and going to the same girl for over ten years.  When I moved to Miami, I went through probably six or seven stylists in the first two years.  Finally found someone decent, but I would literally be there for six hours.  How lucky for me to find a barely an adult hillbilly in NC right off the bat??  YEE HAAW!!!!  Robin insisted on going with me to get out of the house.  She rearranged the entire salon to make herself comfortable.  After three hours and 15 minutes, she kept telling the girl to just shave my head.

Went to Quizno's for lunch.  Had a BOGO coupon.  Good for us.  Had them hold the cheese and mayo.  (OK.  Just the mayo.)  Robin bitched the whole way there, saying, "I hate Quizno's".   Got her sub.  "This is the best sub I've ever had."   Honestly?  Sometimes it takes every fiber of my being to not scream, "SHUT THE EFF UP".   But instead, I smiled sweetly and said, "I'm so glad you like it, Sweetie."   

Robin is currently on the phone with Iris.  Iris is complaining of 87 degree weather in South Florida.  Robin is complaining about her leg hurting.  Blah blah blah.

Off work today and was supposed to be off tomorrow.  Was excited about that because the weather is about to turn gorgeous.  Delores asked me if I will work tomorrow.  NC schools have had so many snow days this year that they are making the kids go to school on Saturday.  Hence, the Saturday HT teeny bops will be in school.  Does NY do that?  FL?  I never heard of such a thing.

Speaking of work, I am officially off thin ice.  My drawer has been perfect for ten consecutive days.  Dealing with $8000-$9000 and about 150 customers per day, it's amazing that anyone can get a perfect drawer.   BTW, to anyone who coupons, HT is about to go nuts with super double coupons, then triple coupons.   I wouldn't buy basic groceries there, but when they have deals and great coupon deals, you can really save a ton.  I've not only seen it, but we've done it.  Such a feeling of satisfaction. 

My crazy family is coming to town in exactly one week!!!  Guess it's time to consider cleaning the guestroom.   

What else?

The phone just rang.  Was hoping so badly it would be something like this, "This is Delores from Harris Teeter.  Could you please tell Kim that she doesn't need to come in tomorrow afterall?  Thank you, Ma'am.  And please tell her that she's the best cashier ever."

No luck.  It was Iris.  Again.  I guess in their prior 14 conversations today, they forgot to discuss "Grey's Anatomy".  Oh and now Robin is giving her our White Trash Alfredo Sauce recipe.  Iris is making it tonight.  I guarantee this will not be their last conversation of the day.

No comments: