Sunday, February 27, 2011

Robin's first weekend into her 6th decade...



Very lazy Sunday.....

I woke up feeling like doo doo for going on two weeks now.  My mother reminded me that I was feeling badly before they got here last Friday.  Guess I put it aside while everyone was here.  Slept terribly last night because of coughing.  When Robin went out for the TWO different (we are now multi state couponers ~ NC and SC) newspapers and their coupons, I asked her to get me some Nyquil.  Gonna try to sleep this thing off.  Plus we had a $1.50 off coupon.

While she was getting ready to go (by getting ready, I merely mean putting jeans on over her PJ bottoms) I went to the Weight Watchers website.  Something pink caught my eye.  I am not much of a sweet eater, but love all things pink.  Clicked recipe - "Strawberry Angel Cookies".  Sounded good to me.  They had chocolate chips in theirs.  I prefer raspberry to strawberry (only slightly, Straw - don't get all bent out of shape - stay that nice round triangle that you are) and white chocolate to chocolate chocolate (by far - can't apologize - sorry -  wait - taking that sorry back).

She got home with the papers and I saw where Sloppy Joe (Manwich) was on sale.  That is Robin's ultimate favorite comfort food.  I made the mistake of mentioning it.  "Why'd you have to tell me that?"  Two seconds later, "Now I want a Sloppy Joe!".  Five seconds later, "I'm going back to the store.  Want anything?"

15 minutes later she was home making Sloppy Joes.  I made an ecoli burger and had to throw it out.  It was 9:15. 

Then I made the cookies.  See if you can see which is which.  OK, the strawberry gives it away, no fair.  If you double click on the ones I made,  it looks like porous sunburned body parts.  Scrumptous!

Took a picture of Buddy and Robin on the couch because they look like they're kinda spooning.  She loved the cookies, BTW.  Took a little rat like bite and looked at it.  I was totally prepared to hear, "This tastes like vomit", but instead I got a, "These are delicious!".  This may be like the TJ Maxx trunks situation where she said she loved them in the store and then banished them to the guestroom because they were declared hideous. 

Took some pictures of things sprouting outside.  It's a very exciting time in the Hellman Frasier household because we have no idea what's what and what to expect.  (Hope we don't have to hire a gardener for the grounds.)  I'd forgotten what fun four seasons can be!  They say the spring and fall are the best around here. 

One of us is going to bake a chicken for dinner.  We have four of them, thanks to the sale at HT.

I swigged a bunch of Nyquil a couple hours ago and zonked out.  Love that stuff.

Now it's time try to catch a movie on the Chick Channel.  Happy Sunday!

No comments: