Monday, January 26, 2009

2009 Off to a Not so Fine Start




2009 has not, so far, been the year that I was hoping for. Rather than bore you with all the details, I will fast forward to the problem at hand, no pun intended. Robin broke her right (dominant) hand the other day. She's in a cast up to her elbow, is in a lot of pain, and therefore, I have developed a pain myself. Right in my a$$. Just kidding. Thank goodness for pain killers and Nyquil. And that's just for me!

So in an attempt to get out of the house and do a little retail therapy yesterday, we went to my new favorite place...TJ Maxx. We returned home to the above pictured scenario. I had a lap top lap thingy with a hard top surface. The soft bottom was full of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 little balls. Said balls are now all over my house. It's impossible to get them all up. Once you get close to get up a pile, they becoming staticky (that's not right) and laugh in your face. It's a shame this hadn't happened two months ago. I'd totally act like it was a Christmas decoration.

Notice Bodi's guilty face in the picture!

Anywho - my not drinking is going well. Out of 42 days, I spent 30 of them alcohol free. That computes to 5/7 days. Not too bad for a gal who is used to inebriating herself on a nightly basis. I still have a way to go, but considering the circumstance of the past few weeks, I'm actually happy with myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats not my fault is it?? seeing how i was using it last

Unknown said...

YES IT'S YOUR FAULT!