Monday, December 29, 2008

Week 3 of my Journey on the Wagon


On Monday, 12/15/08 (coincidently, my recovering (actually seems to be recoverED) alcoholic father's birthday), I decided it was time to do something about my drinking. And by doing something about my drinking, I don't mean refreshening my drink.

So it's been a full two weeks. Out of 14 days, I remained alcohol free for 11 days. On the 3 days that I did drink, it wasn't out of stress or upsetedness or anything negative. I have become a little philosophical (for lack of a better term) about my drinking. There are days when I feel like I have to drink ("gotta") and days when I just want to drink ("wanna"). The wanna days are pretty much every day, but I only chose to drink 3 out of 14. I feel it's important to not drink on a gotta day. I also know it's important not to give in to a wanna day just because it's not a gotta day. Some days were super hard (thus the Vodka poem) and other days weren't too bad, thanks to my new friend, Xanax.

I did the math and calculated that I was drinking almost 2000 calories per day!!! My weight loss attempts had hit the wall. I knew, providing, I didn't substitute food for vodka, that I'd lose weight. So I'm proud to announce that I have lost NINE POUNDS!!!! I haven't exercised at all until yesterday because I felt so tired all the time. I gave myself two weeks and now I'm back to working out, tired or not.

I think I'll make this a weekly Monday morning post to keep myself accountable.

No comments: