Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Heartbreak of the Gingerbread House


When I was about five years old, my mother and I made a gingerbread house on Christmas Eve day. That gingerbreadhouse was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There were gumballs and candy canes and cute little gingerbread people dressed to the nines. When I went to bed that Christmas Eve, all I thought about was that gingerbread house. Not Santa. Not presents. (OK maybe some thoughts of presents may have crossed my mind - have you met me?) When I awoke on Christmas morning, I ran to where I had left my beloved gingerbread house. All that remained was a few pieces of black licorice and some green gumballs.

My parents had had some friends over to play cards and when the women weren't looking, the drunk bastards ATE MY GINGERBREAD HOUSE!

Have you ever heard of such a sad story? I didn't think so.

Wouldn't you like to cheer up that little ponyhaired girl? Make things right? Put a smile on those chubby rosey cheeks.

I urge you - donate now. Make the wrong right. Contribute today to the Kim E. Frasier Foundation c/o Bank of America.

It's the Holiday Season. You'll be glad you did.

(My name is Kim E. Frasier and I approve this message).

No comments: