Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Yes, these are women.


Went to Publix today and shopping was NOT a pleasure. For those non-Floridians out there, Publix' motto is, "Publix - Where Shopping is a Pleasure".

Was checking out and there was a big ole dyke in line behind Robin and me. She looked like the woman in the red shirt.. She was buying a case of Busch (ha! - I made that up and am very pleased with myself at the moment) and a carton of Marlboro reds.

The cashier asked if we were sisters!!! Robin had trouble containing her laughter. I shook my head, "No".

Cashier, "Not sisters? Friends?". She said "friends" with a wink in her voice.

Again I shook my head. Thank GOD we're not related and no I wouldn't choose this "lady" as a "friend". Which is worse? Suggesting we looked alike, or suggesting that we were "friends".

And I used to like this cashier. Nadine? You are dead to me.

All day long, I've been asking Robin, "Do I come across as butchy?"

This was the highlight of Robin's day and quite possibly the entire week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where do you find such photo's. I can imagine that you had someone pose for this just so you could use it on your blog. Thanks for the entertainment and smiles. I will definitely buy your book and, if I have to, go to Florida for the premier of your movie!!~~Shelly

Anonymous said...

I agree with Shelly. I would DEFINITELY buy your book. You entertain us endlessly!! Thanx Kim!
Shelley

Unknown said...

Thank you Shelly and Shelley!!!!