Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And yet another reason to LOVE "Chick fil A"!!!


(As if I needed one.)

On the way home from my parents' house, I decided to have one last fling with junk food. Afterall, once home, it would be back to counting Weight Watchers points, doing the dreadmill, and drinking oceans of water.

Traveling on Sundays is fine. Traffic is normally not too bad and I-95 isn't as scary as usual. However, there is one huge downfall to traveling on Sunday - "Chick fil A" is always closed! Some crap about giving the employees a day off. If there was a "Chick fil A" on every corner in Miami, it wouldn't be such a big deal for me. But the South Florida "Chicks" are few and far between. Whenever I see a new building going up or a restaurant closing down and being remodeled, I say a little subconscious prayer, "Please be a "Chick fil A". Unanswered prayers so far.

On this past particular trip, we left on Monday. We didn't choose to leave on Monday for the sole purpose of hitting "Chick fil A", but it sure was an added perk.

Robin hates breakfast food and hates "Chick". (She doesn't hate chicks obviously.) So I was in luck. If she did do breakfast, I'd have to compromise on the place. Just before we got on 95, we drove through "Chick". They have these itty bitty little sandwiches which I'd never had before. Ordered a four pack meal. The hash browns are also in little bite sized pieces. So cute! So dainty! So me!!!

But here's the thing. When I ordered a large diet soda, I couldn't believe my ears!!!! The lady asked me what kind!

Me: "Diet".

Lady: "What kind of diet?"

Me: "Diet soda".

Lady: "We have Diet Pepsi and Diet Dr. Pepper".

Who DOES this? Who offers two choices in diet soda?

"Chick fil A", that's who.

I love you, "Chick fil A"! Your people deserve to be off on Sundays.

No comments: