Friday, December 4, 2009

I am so lucky.


On our way to class yesterday, I noticed Robin's jeans were filthy. I said something to her about it and she was like, "Yeah. I got them out of the hamper. I didn't notice. Looks like mustard". It was more like mustard, dog paw prints, cigarette ashes and a few leaves.

Robin has 147 pairs of jeans. Unlike me, all her clothes fit her at all times. So she has 147 pairs of jeans to choose from on any given day. Why she dragged these out of the hamper, I really don't know.

We were sitting in class and I saw something out of the corner of my eye around Robin's ankle. My eyesight is rapidly declining and I am learning that I really can't see like I could even two months ago. I'm wearing drug store glasses for now, but one of these days, I'm gonna go to the eye doctor. Right after my mammogram.

So I pushed my $19.95 glasses from the end of my nose back to eyes and bent down for a closer look.

Oh HELL no.

I couldn't believe it. Even for her, this was too much.

Apparently, when she put on her filthy jeans, she didn't have HER glasses on and failed to notice that they came with a freebie...a nice pair of dirty underwear. So around her ankle like a new fashion statement was a pair of navy blue with pink polka dots underwear that had 'Sunday' written on them.

I brought it to her attention and she nonchallantly pulled them off and tossed them in her purse. No big deal. Like it was a pack of gum. She didn't even close her purse.

I know it's natural to second guess one's self about the choices one makes every now and then. Define now and then. I seem to do it a lot.

No comments: