Friday, January 4, 2013

Hello 2013!

I have very strong optimistic feelings about the new year!

The holidays went by too quickly.  We went to Ormond by the Sea (FL) to visit my family.  It's an eight hour drive and we took Brady and Maxx.  About two hours away from my parents' house, the dogs needed to go for a walk.  It was around noon.  We were hungry, but I didn't want to eat too much.  Then we saw a "Krystal's" (burgers - little ones) and I wanted to get two.  We stopped.  We walked.  We ate.

We shouldn't have eaten.

As we were approaching the exit to my mom's, I started not feeling well.  Bad stomach ache.  We got there and before I could say, "Brady! Don't jump in the  ____!!, "  Brady had jumped in the pool.  Got him as dried off as possible and we all sat down to visit.  Within an hour, I announced that I had to go lie down.  Did so and my face and neck practically caught fire.  Red patches galore!!!  Whatever the pillow case had been washed with, I was allergic.  ( I am very sensitive.)  Soon it was trip after trip to the bathroom.  (Both ends - you're welcome.)  I think I threw up somewhere between 21 and 24 times.  (Didn't keep track of the other end.)

After anticipating and being excited for this trip for months, I was in bed by 4:00 p.m.  I prayed that I would wake up feeling better and that nobody else would get it. 

Thank you for answered prayers!

The rest of the vacay was great!  My twin nephews are ten months old now.  Robin and I have extra lines in our faces after spending five days of doing anything to get them to smile and laugh!!  It's amazing how similar and yet different they are. 

Saying bye to my mom SUCKS.  'Nuff said...

Made it home safely, albeit Robin  came home with the flu, which she is just now getting over.  Had a quiet NYE and spent New Year's Day with friends.

Baxter's scheduled for surgery this coming Monday.  Been very stressful praying that his rectum doesn't prolapse again.  Poor Lil Shawty Got Low.  :/

I made the resolution of eating better and exercising more.  How original!!  God, I'm clever.  And interesting.  But I've been doing well.  Today is the fourth and I have worked out 4/4 days.  Sure I'd love an elbow massaging my ass or a small person to walk on it, but I've GOT this.

The only bad thing so far is - right now Robin and I are mad at each other.  I was feeding the dogs at 6:00 tonight and she disappeared.  I looked for her all over the estate.  It was dusk and I thought maybe she'd gone down to get the mail and a big truck sped by and hit her and she was dead in the neighbor's yard.  So I made a cocktail and waited.

After a minute I really did begin to panic a little (pretty sure that to panic a little is an oxymoron).  I had shouted downstairs before - no response.  This time I went down there.  There she was, meditating with earplugs on.  I said some colorful and not nice things and she said, "What?  I was meditating."

"I thought you were dead in the neighbor's yard."

"Did you go look?"

"Not the point.  You don't just disappear!"

"I told you I was going downstairs to meditate."

"You did not."

"Yes.  When you were feeding the dogs."

When it's dinner time around here, it's like a very loud crazy person circus.  Brady jumps up and down on all fours and Baxter runs around while I say, "No food for you".  It's a game we've played for years.  It's a very noisy time in this house.

Robin should know that if she had said anything to me, there was no way I would have heard it.

I'm mad at her for making me think she was dead and she's mad at me too.  Apparently one shouldn't be cursed at while one is meditating. 

Details.   

No comments: