Saturday, December 22, 2012

I am not being politcially incorrect.

I am Jewish by association.

We are leaving for Florida in exactly 11 hours.  Robin got home from a business trip at around 7:00 p.m. Thursday night.  Since that time, she and Iris have been arguing.  Especially today.

From my end, I hear, "You could have called me."

Basically the gist is, Robin didn't call her  mother while she was gone.  But Iris could have called her too.

We have been on the go all day both days and every, mmm, 45 minutes or so, Iris called to yell at Robin that she cannot believe she didn't call while she was away.
 
"I take umbrage at the fact that you called Kim 100 times a day and you couldn't call me."

(Actually, Iris?  It was really only like 85 times a day.)

"I AM YOUR MOTHA!!!"

"I could be dead and you wouldn't know.  Not that you'd care."

"I gave you LIFE!"

~~~  repeat  ~~~

Iris just informed her that it is the responsibilty of the person who goes away to be the caller.  Robin said, "Who are you?  Emily Post?"

"Poststein," I chirped in.  

But Robin just brought up a good point.  No, a great point.  Think of the trouble we'd have if they were not Jewish and we had to choose the family with whom we'd spend the holiday?  Oy!

2 comments:

Bensonest said...

There is always a silver lining! Happy Holidays and safe travels.

Bensonest said...

There is always a silver lining ~ Happy Holidays and safe travels!