Monday, October 17, 2011

Always thinking.....

Robin and I were at lunch the other day.  I knew something was up when she asked if I was losing weight, THEN mentioned my tan.  So I asked her what she wanted.  "I volunteered us for something in a couple weeks."  "What?", I asked as I took another messy bite of perhaps the best Philly Cheesesteak I'd ever had.  Hmm.  Wonder if I have lost a pound or two?  I'll have to weigh tomorrow.

"In a couple weeks in Asheville, there's an AIDS walk.  I signed us up.  It's three hours and I didn't think you'd mind."

"That's fine - I like stuff like that.  Wait.  Three hours?   We're walking for three hours?"

"No, it's like a 5K."

(Like she has any idea how far a 5K is.  It's around three miles, right?)  "Then why do you say it's three hours?   It'll be about an hour."

"We're handing out condoms after."

The old Kim would have first thought,  "I am NOT hanging out in Asheville handing out condoms."

The new Kim's first thought, "DUCT TAPE CONDOMS!!!!!!!  Is it possible?!".

1 comment:

lanzy said...

lol,u dangerous eh