Friday, May 28, 2010

I know times are tough, but still....

Yesterday, while working for Ivette (as opposed to working for Robin - ha ha - actually I have been working for her quite a bit lately), I received a phonecall from a unit owner. The washing machines and dryers in the condo are used by inserting a prepaid card. The machine depleted this woman's card by $2.00. She wanted to know if she could get a refund. Told her yes. What do I care? It's two bucks.

Later, I found out that every unit owner has to pay a $2.00 fee for their new cards. Oh no ... there are 196 units ... I will be receiving 196 phonecalls. Better charge my phone. I knew I'd hear back from the "lady", but didn't think the ruckus would start at 7:30 this morning!

Got a phonecall from the front desk. The lady was down there demanding her $2 back. I told the front desk gal to let me speak with the unit owner. She began SCREAMING AT ME over two dollars. And you have to imagine her screaming with "that accent".

I don't mean to brag, but I am really really good at customer service. My first job out of college was working as a customer service rep, no - wait - customer "relaaaaations" representative, for Kodak. Basically (back in the day, 100 years ago), you would take your film to the store, the lab would mix it up with someone else's pictures, you would get them back, and then you would call and scream at me. I did a good job, except for the time that I put someone on hold while I pretended to go look for her pictures. Meanwhile I had a very profound & fascinating conversation with a co-worker as to what we wanted for lunch. After agreeing to cheeseburgers, I picked up the phone and told the lady that I was very sorry, but I couldn't find her pictures and will look for them as more pictures were returned. I hadn't hit the hold button and she heard the whole thing. Whoopsy.

Back to this morning, I let the lady go on and on. Turns out, she wasn't ripped off two dollars, the card was actually defective. Oh no!!!!! So I had to call the laundry company to find out how to get a new card. Krista advised their cards are not defective and to tell the lady to wipe it off. Really, Krista? So now Krista is talking with her supervisor and will call me back in 10 minutes. That was an hour ago. I had to call the unit owner and advise her of this very complicated situation. Again more screaming. Oh and she hasn't done laundry in two weeks.

Stay tuned!

PS: Thank you so much Karen!!!!

No comments: