Saturday, May 29, 2010

CANINE SLUMBER PAR-TAAAY!!!!



A few weeks ago, I suddenly awakened at about 2:20 a.m. and jumped out of bed. Jumped is cheerful sounding, but it can also be used to describe a reaction to being startled, concerned or suspicious. Robin asked what was going on and I said, "The dogs are up to something!"

Boy was that an understatement.

I wanna know who started this. I say Buddy. He is using his seniority lately to get away with stuff. I found him in 1999 and he was ruffly one year old. So he's now about 11-ish. On the other hand, any one of the heathens could be responsible for starting this. But they all played a roll. Notice no dogs are in the picture? They all participated in this massacre. When I came out of the bedroom, feathers were flying everywhere and all the dogs ran to their crates and beds.

What do you think I did? Yell? Scold? Cry?

I took a picture and went back to bed. The thought of sweeping started to cross my mind, but then I would be selfishly denying poor Robin the pleasure of seeing this winter wonderland in our living room. Reminds me of that other snow storm we had here. Think I'll try to find that picture, too, to see which was worse...the Storm of 2010 or the Storm of whatever Year it was.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just so ya know, i did not find the humor in waking up to this winter wonderland. And, do you think for a moment that princess Kim helped me sweep it all up? uh, no. She spent the morning praising the dogs and telling them how funny and entertaining they are. Welcome to my world.