Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You are forbidden to go...



Tomorrow Robin and I are going camping somewhere in Central Florida. We're going with Alex, her dad and his friend, both of whom are Miami cops, and her cousin, Michael. We know and love Micheal, but have never met her dad or his friend. They are avid campers and hunters (we're going for the camping (not the hunting) and bringing our own hamburgers (and cheese - duh) and hot dogs - they eat whatever they kill). It's gonna be a new experience for us and sure to be fun.(?)

Last night Robin told Iris about the trip and she fa-reaked out. "You're going camping with people - MEN - you don't know? That's very dangerous. I don't think I'm comfortable with this".

Robin said, "Mom? Are you on crack? They're cops. We couldn't be in better hands."

Iris: "What about bears? Wild boars. No, I'm sorry. I don't like this".

Robin: "You're an idiot! What's wrong with you?"

Iris: "I'm sure Kay wouldn't approve".

Robin: "She knows, Mom. She's not a psycho".

Iris: "Kim evidently didn't tell her the truth. I'm calling Kay. I don't like this. I can see the headlines now...'Two nice city girls left for dead in the woods'. No, you're not going. I forbid you to go".

Robin is 48 and I am 43 year...Iris "forbids" us to go camping. She thinks we'll get lost and eaten by wild animals or better yet, attacked by some freaks who live in the woods. She literally called my mother last night, who was (this is scarey) the calm voice of reason.

Happy Trails!

Oh, and if Iris turns out to be right, thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: