Saturday, February 7, 2009

Typewriter Key Bracelet


A lady who came to our garage sale had one of these bracelets on. I fell in love with it immediately. I want to order one that says "PROGRESS" (thanks, Amy).

In Weight Watchers, my favorite mantra is "Progress, not perfection". It has such meaning for me with WW and especially with drinking.

I normally set little goals for myself, like when I lose ten pounds, I'll get that new pair of jeans, or if I exercise five days this week, I'll go get that new cookbook (yes, I said cookbook). I inevitably wind up saying "screw it", and go get whatever it I think I need whenever I feel like it.

This time is gonna be different. I want to earn this one. My plan is to get my alcohol stats at 71.4%. That equates to drinking just twice a week. Right now my stats are at 36/54, which equals 66.66%, which means I'm alcohol free two outta three days. I started this on the wagon thing 54 days ago and didn't drink for 36 of the days.

Anywho, before I go off on too much more mathematical wizardy, I basically am going to only drink twice a week for four weeks in a row before I get my PROGRESS bracelet.

Meanwhile, I haven't been back to therapy since my assignment to summarize the last 3/4 (there I go again, what's with the ratios?) of my life and my relationship with alcohol. I'm almost 97.3456729826534086615% sure that I will go back. It's that other 2.6543270173465913385% that's holding me back.

How sad is it that I just spent time actually doing that math? My calculator was too small to handle all those digits, so I went online and did it, wrote the numbers down, then typed them in. Plus I had to find my glasses in order to do it all.

Do I know how to have fun on a Saturday night or what? Now, I'm off to watch tivo'd "Young and the Restless", even though I am soooo upset with friggen Nicholas Newman right now I could spit.

No comments: