Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Roots v. Roots



As many of you know, we've decided to do the Annual Pet Walk for the Miami Humane Society. We came in second place last year, raising $1660.00. With things the way they are financially for everyone right now, I didn't want to ask for money. Then I decided what the hell? It's not like it's for me. With the foreclosure crisis, Humane Societies and animal shelters need our donations now more that ever. There are thousands of family pets being left behind every day. I can't stand to even talk about it.

So let's talk about me.

Two of my very dear friends, one, a childhood friend, and one a former boss in Jacksonville, donated very generously and each also sent a note that they're visiting South Florida in the near future, and could we get together?

Hell yeah we can get together!

I mentioned recently that I am taking a break from therapy. Those roots, the roots of all my problems (ha ha), can wait. Yipee, because now with the extra therapy money, I can get my roots roots done instead! We plan on seeing them both next week and weekend. So between now and then, I need to lose weight, get a fill in, get my roots done and tan everyday.

Good thing Robin's my boss 60% of the time! Joke. Kinda. Not really. No joke. Not funny. I'm probably gonna be fired.

No comments: