Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I'm turning 50 soon. And these blogs aren't gonna write themselves.

I have two life changing pieces of paper right now that I didn't have this morning. Nor did I ever really think I'd have them.

One is a marriage license.

The other is my AARP application.

If you're not a personal friend of mine or a Facebook friend, you probably don't know that Robin and I are getting married on my 50th birthday on April 14th.

Some warn us not to rush into anything. We've only put up with each other, I mean been together for a dozen or so years. But we're going for it on a beach on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. A very small, very simple ceremony. At first nobody was going to be invited. Then a lot of people. Then no people. Then just dogs. We have finally settled in on a few people who can make it. It's really going to be perfect!

I'm hoping to hone my writing skills - again - and what better place than right here? I'm settling in quite nicely to the second half of my life and I want as few regrets as possible as the years keep passing. I don't want not ever having written that book to be one of them.

No comments: