Thursday, July 1, 2010

House Hunting in Hendersonville











Through a realtor friend of our new NC BFF's, we found this house. We're on pins and needles waiting to hear if we're approved. It's a rental with the option to buy.

It's an old farm house, built in 1927, that is set on one acre. The heathens are gonna love it! We were told it was being renovated. I learned that 'renovated' is a subjective term. The house is totally gutted, but will be completed in five weeks. Supposedly. It's in the middle of nowhere and when we took Joe to see it last night, we got lost in a cornfield. No lie. The GPS lady was messing with us and we entered the corn field at dusk and came out the other side after dark. I was singing the tune from "Deliverance" the whole time. Iris didn't think it was funny.

Joe says everything seems to be top notch and Iris said the house "has good bones". (Speaking of bones, Robin and I just saw Joe in nothing but his underwear. Yet another visual I'll likely not shake soon.)

One of my favorite parts of the house is the upstairs. It has two rooms with alcoves and I think they're so cute. I want one as a room just for me...with my pink desk(s) and shelves and everything else. I can envision myself writing in this room, looking out of the window to see the puppies frolicking in the autumn leaves.

1 comment:

Debra Fulton said...

I like it! Hope you get it!