Monday, May 19, 2014

I cannot think of a better time to start blogging again; Iris and Joe arrived in NC today.

For those of you who don't know, they are Robin's parents. They spend half their time in FL and half their time in NC. And it's now NC time.

Right now I am making that noise that one does when backseat driving and the driver gets too close to the car ahead of them. Or when seeing someone with a new really bad hair cut. Or when Iris just called and said they can't find their house key and Robin had to stop what she was doing to go give them hers.

It's not a good happy sound - the sound of grimacing and sucking in air.

I'm not grimacing because she had to leave. I'm grimacing because she will soon arrive over there. And by there, I mean Iris and Joe's - "Home of the Dead Plant".

It's true. They had one plant and it's now dead. Iris will not be pleased. Every single Saturday for the past six months, I have encouraged Robin to, "Let's go water your mother's plant." "Nah. I'll do it next week." You know the ending.

Today Robin replaced said plant with a completely different type and said her mother probably won't notice and if she does, she will just have to get over it. "It's a plant," she said.

Little did she know that she would be there when Iris arrived in NC. Surely she thought she'd have some time. Time is a good cushion. Heals wounds, blah blah blah. As she left I heard her mumbling things like, "This is not good." And, "Why didn't I just go over there and water that damn plant?" And, "I HEAR YOU LAUGHING."

How many days until the week before Thanksgiving?



2 comments:

cybermatic said...

Ok, first you ask me to look at a WWF game that you're playing with SOMEONE ELSE, when you have basically stopped playing that game with me. NOW, you are making 'not good' sounds when looking at a picture of SOMEONE'S new bad haircut. This is immediately on the heels of my sending Robin a picture of my new haircut.

I mean, REALLY? I'm beginning to realize that Robin isn't kidding when she says you hate me. And why, I ask? I am the epitome of cute and lovable. And helpful, I might add.

I am hurt and am going to drink drain cleaner. You are a cruel, cruel person.

Life happens said...

Good to have you back. :) Lesson learned huh? haha Mom's always know.