Thursday, December 8, 2011

WARNING: Less than interesting post ahead. (What's new, I know.)


I've had a few people recently ask me why I've been ignoring my blog.  So before an entire month goes by, I figured I'd write something.  The truth is, there hasn't been much to write about.  November was a pretty crappy month.  I lost two friends within two weeks, and although we weren't super close or anything, they were both really great guys and I will miss them.  There's been other stuff going on, too, and I think I will be happy when the holidays are over.  Gonna be a very difficult time for the families who lost their loved ones.

Adding insult to injury, there have been virtually no job leads.  Very recently, though, something has sparked my interest and God knows I need to go back to work, so I hope she sees it fit for the position to work out for me. 

The highlight of November was getting my Christmas tree.  It really is one of my favorite days of the year.  I've collected ornaments all my life and it's, well, like Christmas to unwrap them each year.  Brady's tail has killed a few, but it's OK.  The less meaningful ornaments, "fillers" if you will, go on the tree at tail level. 

I did have a rather exciting brush with death last night.  It had been pouring for a few days and a couple dogs decided it would be OK to do their business in the basement rather than to get their paws wet.  In an overly zealous attempt to clean up after them, I inhaled way too much Chlorox.  Had to open all the windows on the coldest night of the year.  Robin was so happy.  In my own defense, though, it was about 85 degrees in here.  She is getting even with me for having the AC so low for all the time we lived in Miami.  So now, if it's below 70 outside, she thinks we need the heat on. 

http://www.shuttheductup.com/ has kept me somewhat busy.  Not car shopping busy ~ more like extra money for Christmas busy. 

I need to go back to work because I have no routine in my life.  The only thing that is routine for me right now is calling my mother every morning.  Inevitably, she is either blowing her nose and I have to hold or she's putting on her bra and I have to hold.  Yesterday we had a conversation about the cost of bras.  She asked when the cost of bras went up so much.  Told her around the same time that our boobs started going down.  She said, "Good one" and I said, "Thanks."   After the always stimulating and fascinating conversations we have, I should write, do the treadmill, clean, organize, bathe a dog or five, etc.  I do keep the house clean, but it could be super - eat off the floor - clean.  Actually, that's not true.  It's impossible to keep this house clean for any length of time due to having seven animals.   

We recently spent a large portion of the day driving all over Western North Carolina in search of a particular pink camera that I decided I needed.  Nobody had it in pink so I came home and ordered it online.  Came about two weeks ago.  Haven't opened it yet. 

See what I  mean about having nothing to write about?

No comments: