Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I was walking my smallest dog in my neighborhood recently when a Latin male stranger came up to me and said, “Ma’am, I do not weeeesh to alarm you, but there have been many peeeebles running around in the neighborhood and they have attacked many small dogs and cats. You must be careful”.

I said, “Really? Many what running around?”

He replied, “Peeeebles. Lotsa of Peeeebles. They are eating the small dogs and cats”.

“What are they?”, I asked, “What’s running around?” I was squinted at him, as if that allowed me to understand his accent.

“Peeeebles. Peeeebbles. Those dogs – Peeeebles”, he said kind of angrily.

“OK, thank you. Thank you. Have a nice evening.” I have no idea what he’s talking about. So when I got home, I called my mother and asked her if she ever heard of a new breed of dog called a “peeble”. She thought maybe it was something new like a labrodoodle. That sounded good. I’d have to google it.

Oh good – Robin’s home. I’ll ask her. “Hi Honey! How did it go? Have you heard of peebles?”.

“Peeples? Sure. Publix has them. They’re by the Boo-Berries and Lucky Charms”.

She doesn’t know. She makes stuff up. I’m gonna google it.

I forgot about the peebles due to being distracted by “Inside Edition”. It was Britney’s first public outing since she handed over custody of the boys to K-Fed. I didn’t think about the peebles again until the next morning when I was microwaving my Jimmy Dean Delite. I was daydreaming watching the yummy little sandwich go round and round, round and round. And it occurred to me! Oh yeah! The peebles! I left my Jimmy Dean unattended (it was safe, there were only two of us in the office at this hour). I asked Edna (the other person) whether or not she’d ever heard of a new breed of dog called a peeble. Edna would surely know. She’s had almost as many dogs as me.

“Hey Edna. Have you heard of the new breed of dog called a peeble? I guess it’s like a labrodoodle or something? A man told me there were some in my neighborhood, bit I’ve never heard of them, have you? Peebles. They sound cute, right?”

Edna sighed and looked at me over her glasses. “No, Kim”, she said barely audible.

Hmmp...must be in a bad mood.

OK, Soraya will be here soon. I’ll eat my Jimmy Dean and wait for her. Oh good, the door. “Hey Soraya, have you heard of peebles, the new dog?”

“Huh?”

“Peebles. Peebles. The new dog. A man told me they’re eating all the small dogs and cats in my neighborhood”.

“Oh yeah! I saw something about your neighborhood in the news last night. People were being warned to keep an eye on their small animals. There was a pack of dogs running around. They were PITBULLS, Idiot”.

1 comment:

spun816 said...

i am reading this blog entry aloud to elliot while hes stuffing his face with chicken and rice. he knew from the start it was pitbul dumbie you should of asked me that morning and he would of let us know